IN THE REPORT
- Sectoral Highlight
- Leather export report
- Leather Products export report
- Leather Footwear export report
- Others footwear export report
- Leather, footwear and allied sector steadily coming back track. Still -3% negative compare last year Q1 but a promising +7% compare to strategic target of Q1.
- Thanks to Footwear (both leather footwear and others footwear) to have this growth compare to strategic target. These 2 sub-sector bagged 15.5% growth compare to target and 3.6% compare to last year same time.
- Leather and leather product is still struggling to recover, -14% compare to target and -19% compare to last year performance.
Month wise, August was lowest comparing target and last year as leather footwear part didn’t perform well on those month.
Leather and leather product (excluding leather footwear) still struggling to recover, -14% compare to target and -19% compare to last year performance. Main reasons are covid, negative market demand, dependency of covid impacted export market.
Footwear (both leather footwear and others footwear) sub-sector keep good progression overall. Still Leather footwear didn’t perform well compare to last year but combining these 2 sub-sector bagged 15.5% growth compare to target and 3.6% compare to last year same time.
- Individually Leather Product (HS code 42) struggling most in Q1, -15% and -18% compare to quarter target and last year performance respectively.
- Leather Footwear (HS code 6403) is trying to coming back, already showing growth (+17%) compare to target but still in negative (-7%) compare to last year. This sub-sector contribution in very important as this is the highest contributor for the sector.
- Other Footwear is only sub-sector doing over both target (+14%) and last year same Q1 (+24%).
II DATA INTELLIGENCE II
Data intelligence is an initiative of Footwear Exchange where collects, analyses and interprets footwear, leather and allied industry data on sourcing, supply chains, distribution, retail and technology
About FOOTWEAR EXCHANGE
Footwear Exchange is an online platform of people from all around the world who make the footwear, leather and allied industry work.
Footwear Exchange is a platform of footwear, leather and allied industry designers, academicians, business leaders, policymakers, brands, retailers, marketers, producers, workers and footwear lovers.
For more information, please visit www.footwearexchange.com
Source of data http://epb.gov.bd/site/view/epb_export_data/-
Though Footwear Exchange endeavors to ensure the information provided in this publication is accurate, no legal liability can be attached as to the contents hereof. Reproduction or redistribution of this material without prior written consent of Footwear Exchange is prohibited.